I have to admit, I was lazy this past Friday. I made cupcakes but not from scratch, and I decorated them not from scratch. I am guilty of almost everything that I preach. Eat healthy, Eat FOOD. But it was so easy. I also did not have a camera, so all the pictures were taken with my BlackBerry, a phone I hate but has good camera.
We were having some little kids over for dinner and my mom recently got me a book called Fun Stuff Cupcakes and we wanted to try it out so we chose one of the easier ones to do: The Friendly Frogs. The book is absolutely amazing, you can make very pretty cupcakes for a celebration in very little time.
- 1 package of cake mix (chocolate or vanilla), plus the ingredients to prepare mix.
- Green food coloring
- 1 container (16 ounces) of vanilla frosting
- Green Sparkles
- Chocolate Chips
- Small White Marshmallows
- Zip locks to help decorate
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line cupcake tray with paper baking cups.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions and spoon batter into muffin cups, filling two-thirds fill.
- Bake cupcakes for 18-22 minutes or until ready and let them cool completely.
- Add the green food coloring in a small bowl and mix with the vanilla frosting. Mix in a few drops at a time until desired shade of green is reached. Leave some frosting white for the mouth.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, you can frost the cupcakes ad sprinkle with the green sugar.
- Add a little frosting to one side of the marshmallows and stick a chocolate chip to form the eyes and then place on the cupcake.
- The mouth you can form by squeezing the remaining white frosting out of the tip of a zip lock back.
- I used frosting from a can, yes kinda gross.
My next adventures in cooking/baking will be 100% natural like my almond butter….I PROMISE!