I am so proud of us and so happy with our new “home!” 🙂 I am really happy that we are doing this.
I do remember how much you like pink! How can I forget…. everything that I see something pink I think about you.
Remember how I told you that I had the camera fixing with Best Buy? So for some odd reason they fixed it and decided to send it back to me, instead of me picking it up, but they sent it to the wrong address. Their mistake, I got a new camera! I got the same one, not sure I am keeping it yet… I had to get a camera yesterday but I can return it in case I find one that is better. It is the same as the one I had before, just a newer model. I also got a mini lecture on DSLR cameras. Here are some of the pictures I have been playing with. The next step is Photoshop. Oy, how I wish I had the time to do everything that is on my To Do list.
I got inspired by the lentil salad you made a few weeks ago and by this one lentil salad from the Dirty Kitchen Secrets blog and decided to make my own. Dirty Kitchen Secrets made this salad with Halloumi cheese,, but I would not find it here so since it is similar to Feta, I used that instead. It was absolutely delicious and pretty much a meal in itself! Makes life easy when all you have to prepare is one dish. The best part of this salad is that a friend brought us ZA’ATAR from Israel the day I prepared this salad so we had fresh Za’atar which gave the salad an amazing flavor.
- 200g or 1 1/4 cups of lentils, rinsed well
- 12-15 cherry tomatoes
- 3 sprigs of green or spring onion (more or less to taste)
- 100g of Feta cheese, chopped into 1 cm cubes
- a handful of cilantro, parsley, and basil
- 2 tablespoons za’atar mix
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 45 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
1) Soak the lentils over night. Once you are ready to cook them, cover them with water and bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes or till they are soft but not mushy.
3) In the mean time, prep all the ingredients like chopping the green onions and Feta cheese.
4) Lightly drizzle a chef pan with some olive oil and place on medium flame then add Feta cheese and let it crisp on each side for about 5 minutes.
5) By now the lentils should be ready so drain them. Remove the tomatoes from the oven. Mix all the ingredients together then at the end add the cilantro, parsley and basil. Enjoy with crispy bread or a side of grilled fish or chicken, or on its own!